1) Reduce your carbohydrate consumption.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates and eat only good quality low glycemic carbohydrates, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Eat very few grains especially corn and wheat, and avoid eating carbohydrates close to bedtime.
- Leave at least 3 hours between a carbohydrate containing meal and sleep.
2) Do not eat large amounts of carbohydrates (especially refined carbohydrates) with fats.
- When combining macronutrients, you can eat carbohydrates and protein together, or fat and protein together.
- However avoid eating carbohydrates and fats in large amounts in the same meal if possible.
- Carbohydrates tend to increase fat storage, especially when eaten with fats.
- Be sure to include some form of fiber such as psyllium or bran to ensure good bowel function and elimination.
3) One of the most important fat burning tips is to eat enough fat!
- The body will try to hold onto it’s fat if your intake of fat is very low.
- This is a survival mechanism from our primitive past. Eat healthy fats in the form of EFA’s (fish oil), olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, nuts, CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), almond butter, and even some organic butter.
- If you do consume animal fats, do so in the form of very lean meats like buffalo, or free range organic beef.
- Chicken and turkey breasts are good choices as well. Proteins can be considered fat food, because they cause your body to expend up to 30% of the caloric value of the food, in order to digest it.
4) Eat in accordance with your blood type and metabolic type.
- Your blood type indicates what foods react adversely with your immune system, and so should largely be avoided.
- Your metabolic type indicates what ratio of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins is best for your individual needs.
5) Do some form of fat burning exercises each day.
- Perform weight-training exercise to build lean muscle that burns fat.
- When doing cardiovascular exercise, perform interval training, in which bursts of high intensity exercise are combined with short rest periods.
- These strategies focus on brief intense exercise, which has been shown to elevate metabolism and result in more favorable hormonal effects than long duration cardio exercise.
6) This is a fat burning tip that’s a “no brainer.”
- Avoid excess alcohol consumption.
- Alcohol is a carbohydrate and too much of it lowers testosterone levels, which has negative consequences for burning body fat.
- It also dehydrates your system, which will make it harder for body to properly regulate important functions that are critical to fat burning.
- A glass of wine with your meal on occasion is ok, a six pack a night is obviously not.
7) Drink plenty of clean pure water
- Water consumption has been shown to increase metabolic rate, and help cellular toxins out of your system.
- Water is also essential for the hormonal signaling processes that your endocrine system uses to regulate critical fat burning hormones like testosterone, and growth hormone.
8) Avoid the use of stimulants or appetite suppressors for fat loss.
- Stimulants can create imbalances in your neural chemistry and stress your adrenal glands.
- You might get a short-term effect but in the long term they can cause problems and even jeopardize your health in certain circumstances.
- Stick with sound nutritional practices.
9) Do use fat burning supplements such as green tea, acetyl-l-carnitine, cayenne, and hydroxy citric acid which blocks conversion of carbohydrates to glucose.
- Any list of fat burning tips should include these nutritional supplements, as they can be very effective in helping you turn on your fat burning metabolism
10) Eat small frequent meals of fat burning food, throughout the day, spaced about 3 hours apart.
- This allows for full digestion, helps to keep blood sugar levels stable, and optimizes metabolism.
- Some people set one day a week aside to indulge in some sweets or other favorite food that they would normally avoid.
- This may or may not work for you, so you have to experiment.
- This is best done on a weekend day like Saturday or Sunday, when you are most likely to be socializing.
- Even on this one day, do not get carried away, and when the week starts again, you should be back to your regular regimen.
Remember that when you reach your goal weight or bodyfat percentage, you must maintain a sensible eating program so as not to rebound and lose all that you have achieved. Try to eliminate food cravings so that you will be able to stick to a sensible plan and not feel deprived. Cravings are a sign of biochemical imbalances in your body. Get them checked out so they don’t sabotage your body composition goals and health.
Give these fat burning tips a try and watch the new leaner you