CrossFit Dublin WOD
Come join us if you like what you see here !
Free intro session on tomorrow at 10.30am sharp if you want to get messed up.
1-10-1-20-1-30 rep sets
Suggested Loading: 1@ 85% 1RM, 20@ 75-80%, 1@ 90-100+%, 20@ 65-70%, 1@ 85-100+%, 30@ 50-60% 1RM
GENERAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
If your goal is optimum physical competence then all the general physical skills must be considered
Importantly, improvements in endurance, stamina, strength, and flexibility come about through training. Training refers to activity that improves performance through a measurable organic change in the body. By contrast improvements in coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy come about through practice. Practice refers to activity that improves performance through changes in the nervous system. Power and speed are adaptations of both training and practice
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance– ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
5. Power – the ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination– The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement patter to another.
9. Balance – the ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
This the first standard for crossfit evaluating and guiding fitness