Crossfit look back and baseline.
Looking Back at 2011
Written by Michael Price
It’s a new year, and time to set new goals and strategies for achieving them. But before we get too far down that road, I would like for everyone to spend a few minutes reflecting on everything that was accomplished in 2011. We all experienced our own battles and achievements in 2011, and I would like to hear about yours in our comments. Here are some of the 2011 highlights for CFD:
- Training for the CrossFit Games commenced in earnest with more than 6 individuals supporting each other in their pursuit of testing themselves in competition.
- The inaugural Paleo “eat right play right” Challenge was launched! More than 70 competitors joined the first challenge and saw phenomenal results.
- Albert launched is mobility for performance seminar that was a great success in educating people around how to stay mobility for performance
- We started out serious of trail runs that led up to the Spink run in Glendalough.
- New toys arrived at CFD! We added a couple of Concept 2 ergs, new barbells, ropes and more.
- Our 6 athletes that part in the Crossfit Games Open, 2 qualified for the European regionals which Tina finished in the top 15 and I finished at 30 .
- Our dedicated Saturday Strength session started .
- I attended the OPT Coaching Certification Program module in which set off a chain of improvements for our coaches and athletes, and manifested in some programming shifts that helped our members become even stronger and healthier.
- End of paleo challenge BBQ .Andy Marky Dr Niamh Daly is announced winner of the paleo challenge.
- Dave does a 1000 burpees for “Haul for Nepal” and raises a €1000.
- CFD welcome the H cup winning leinster team to the pain cave for a taste of what we do on a daily basis.
- Crossfit Dublin began offering semi-private coaching, combining the benefits of programs designed specifically for an individual, private coaching and the support of a few of your peers at an investment that many more individuals could afford.
- Dave and albert complete crossfit olylifting with mike Burgener in Italy
- Second Mobility workshop is held on upper body movement
- The CrossFit Games!!! The Games dominated the month
- Carlingfort roadtrip , 20 CFD members take to the road for a great event
- We launch our PR white board , and it gets filled up very quickly.
- I visit Phionex Arizona for my OPT program design and physical assessment module.
- CFD signs on its second location in Dublin
- Our good friend and fellow crossfit Michael O’riordan survives a serious bus crash , he is well on his way to a great recovery .soon to be seen squatting .
- CFD Launch’s its 101 and 201 programs.
- We open the doors of CFD central.
- Albert gets engaged to his long term girl friend and CFD member Maria .Congrats guys
- Over the course of the year we have celebrated the birth of more than a 3 CFD babies with several more scheduled to arrive within the next couple of months. A huge congratulations to all of the proud parents of CFD babies!
All in all, 2011 was a very successful and rewarding year. I am confident that 2012 will be even better.
Workout of the day : Split jerk and baseline test.
Take 12-15 minutes to work on technique and build to a heavy, but not 1-RM,Split Jerk;
Two rounds for time of:
20 Thrusters (60/40.)
( We will be using this workout as a baseline test. It will be tested quarterly, go hard so you have a basis for tracking improvement in the year to come.)
Winter Diets? Chill the Extremeties
*post thoughts to comments