Saturdays 8.30 is back in the hills , meet at the usual place at 8 ready to run at 8.30. , we will continue with Djouce for th next 4 weeks and then we will move it to a trail with a higher degree of difficulty with a veiw to taking on the spink in Glendalough by the end of March.Meet at kilmacanogue.Click on kilmacanogue , you will find directions from Blackrock to the meeting point.If you need a lift we might be able to organise that from the gym.
Map of the deerpark trail at Djouce woods
Did you know that the CrossFit Games season begins in less than a month? Did you also know that every single one of you is invited to compete? This is pretty cool news. If you are even a teeny-tiny bit interested in this, here is what CFHQ has to say:
“The CrossFit Games Open is a six-week competition that will begin Tuesday, March 15th at 17:00 PDT. This competition is the first step in qualifying for the 2011 CrossFit Games. Each week, one event will be announced each Tuesday, and everyone has until the following Sunday at 17:00 PDT to complete the event and record their scores”.
There are two ways to compete:
1. Compete at a Registered Affiliate: Attend a workout session at a registered affiliate and submit your score for the affiliate to validate.
2. Compete Anywhere: Perform the workout as prescribed anywhere you can or want, and videotape it. Submit your score and upload your video.
What does that mean here at CFD? Glad you asked! CFD will be offering our members (and anyone else who wishes to participate) the opportunity to complete each week’s workout and to be video to be judged and tabulated in the official CFHQ results database.
How is this going to work? Each Saturday following the Tuesday (starting March 15th) announcement of that week’s workout, CFD will run heats starting at 12:30pm and running until the last competitor has completed the workout. We will then have until that Sunday to input your results and video into the official CF Games dbase.
1. The workout and movement standards will be posted on our blog the day it is announced (Tuesdays starting March 15th).
2. You will have until Thursday at midnight to register for the Saturday workout.Register by shooting email to info@crossfitdublin. Competitors will be officially briefed at 12.45am each Saturday, including movement standards.
3. It will cost you €15.00/week drop-in fee or a mere €50.00 if you register for the entire 6-week package. If you would like the package deal, you must register by March 17th at midnight. Single week registration closes each Thursday midnight prior to that Sat workout.
Have more questions for CrossFit HQ? Check out Coach Glassman as he gives the run-down or just post your questions in comments.
Needless to say we are all very excited to be able to offer this window to the games to every single one of our members.
We are also looking at a team representing CFD – this just in:
Spend 20 minutes working up to a 3 or 5rep max weighted pull-up.
Compare to Jan 11
A.M.R.A.P in 20 mins
10 KB Swings 16/24
15 pull ups