Job Profile: Office Assistant/Marketing Support
Operational support to the general running of the business; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative systems for CrossFit Perpetua to ensure the gym is run efficiently. First line support for customer service and be the first point of call for the Head Coach/Managing Director to support him on a daily basis. Role requires daily liaison with the Head Coach/Managing Director and the other coaches across the business.
The secondary part of the role will be to grow and develop a well-established business, marketing the business to the CFP target audience, increasing both audience reach and revenue. This role will report to the Head Coach/Managing Director.
Client Relations and Membership Management
- Membership Payments – red flag payments not made – produce a monthly report and provide to the individual coaches for their follow up
- Membership Admin – Online class booking system access requests and password resets. Ensure that customers are responded to within 24 hours
- Membership and client enquiries (email and verbal) responded to within 24 hours
- Client Communications – Responsible for communicating class timetable changes and any upcoming events to the customers. Ensure that all communications are clear and all customer responses on the back of communications are responded to within 24 hours
- Client complaints and resolutions – Agree resolution path with Managing Director and then respond to the client within 24 hours
Products and Services
- Undertake a weekly stocktake of supplies to be ordered (chalk, hygiene, kitchen, toilet supplies)
- Order supplies each week (in advance)
- Approach Head Coach on the last week of the month to gather the weekly programming for the following month
- Website updates – upload the weekly programming schedule to the website by 8pm Sunday of each week
- Blog updates – Development and maintenance of a rota of blog deliveries by the coaches. Regularly follow up with coaches to ensure they deliver to timeframes.
- Content Management – On a twice a week basis, upload new photos and coaches blog’s to the website
- Athlete of the Month – Agree with coaches who are the athletes of the month, notify the chosen athletes in advance,
- Develop and grow the Social Media for CFP
- With input from the coaches compile a list of events into a central calendar, and publish an annual calendar of events that covers competitions, special programs or workshops and community events
- Ensure the calendar is updated on a monthly basis, events do not clash and resource is available to support. Published the calendar to the Head Coach/Managing Director and coaches at the end of each month. Chase Managing Director and coaches for regular updates and input into the calendar.
- Work with the responsible coach to plan and co-ordinate events including logistics and communications with other boxes
- Equipment Management – agree with Head Coach/Managing Director any new equipment to be ordered and carry out the order
- Notify Head Coach/Managing Director on any general maintenance issues (i.e. shower not working) and agree course of action
- Notify Head Coach/Managing Director if the cleaning of Crossfit Perpetua is not up to standard (toilets, kitchen, gym areas)
- Notify Head Coach/Managing Director of any building issues (roof leaking) and agree course of action for notifying the building owner
- Ensuring that the office is kept tidy and filing is up to date
- Banking (Payments in and Payments out) – Gather all invoices to be paid and place them in ensure they are being paid on time by alerting Head Coach/Managing Director on a monthly basis of which invoices are to be paid. Place all invoices into a folder for the Head Coach/Managing Director to pay
- Carry out receipt and invoice filing for month end delivery to accountant
- Reporting of Customer ‘class non-attendance’ – produce a weekly report of all the customers who were booked in for classes but didn’t attend. Circulate the report to the Managing Director and coaches. Office Assistant to agree course of action with responsible Coach.
- Reporting of Customer ‘Class double bookings’– produce a weekly report of all the customers who double booked classes. Notify the Managing Director and email the customer.
Years of Experience
- Customer service experience of 1-2 years
- Proficiency of MS Excel, WordPress, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Experience with Web and Social Media marketing/communications tools
- A proactive and well organised individual who is able to work well on their own and as part of a team
- Excellent writing, proof reading and editing skills, attention to detail, good verbal skills are important as will be dealing directly with clients.
- Other skills will be the ability to manage the in-house client tracking system; so general computer skills are required.
Hours of work
- No more than 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday