Paleo eat right Challenge !
This November we will be starting our first Paleo eat right Challenge! The goal of this is to improve your diet and performance in a fun way that will involve your fellow CrossFitters.
The rules are simple (just like Paleo-eating) and the points system
You’ll score points for:
- the number of days you eat a strict paleo diet (5 points per day, for a maximum of 35 points per week)
- the number of days you work out in a week (3 points per day, up to 4 workout days per week for a maximum of 12 points)
- the number of days you sleep 8 hours per night (3 points per day, for a maximum of 21 points per week)
The rules for eating are:
- Eat: meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, few starchy vegetables, nuts, seeds, fruits and healthy fats (avocados, butter, extra virgin olive oil, lard, goose fat, coconut oil).
- Red wine (as alcohol) will be permitted but not encouraged.
- You will want to ensure that all of the ingredients in your meal are free from: grains, legumes (including peanuts), beans, peas, soybeans, tofu, soy milk and flour, dairy products (except full-fat butter), processed sugars, trans-fats and vegetable oils (extra virgin olive oil is okay).
- If you buy your meat from a supermarket you should try to choose the leanest cuts of domestic meats and trim away any visible fat. If you have access to grass-fed meat, don’t worry about the fat content of the cuts.
- If you’re unsure about any of your food choices, just remember the mainstays of a healthy diet are fresh fruits, vegetables, grass-fed meats, healthy fats (nuts/seeds) and seafood. If the food item doesn’t fit within one of these categories, it’s not paleo (including dairy).
- €20 buy-in for each person (we’re adding a prize structure to include a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize!)
- The challenge begins on Monday the 1st october and end Tuesday 31st November
- Every one will do a benchmark workout at the start and end challenge to see if our work capacity and performance as improved over the 30 days, this workout must be completed by all participants on Friday morning 6.45 or Saturdays 8.30 or 11.30. We will not be hosting make up days or giving people a chance to have a go at the workout later on in the week.
- We’ll be split into 2 teams, . (The winning team will get a little prize for fronting up.) At the end of each week, the team captain will tally the points for each team and we will post them on our website by the following Tue/Wed.
- The Top 3 Scorers will be determined by the top 3 highest overall scores.
- Trainers will take part, but are not eligible for the overall prize.
- We will have our xmas party at the end of the 30 days on Saturday the 4th in town.Destination not confirmed yet
The PowerPoint presentation below is full of cheesy stock photographs and inappropriate music but it redeems itself by summarising why we advocate a more basic and natural diet. Check it out
We’re looking forward to getting as many of you involved as possible! If you want to take your own be fore and after photo i would seriously recommend you do, so you can see it to believe this way of eating is the best for health , performance and longevity.Let us know if we can answer any questions at all, such as why butter is allowed but not dairy products, or why beans and soy are excluded. Don’t hesitate to ask anything!Send question to comments.
Michael and Davy
Work power speed and accuracy
5 rounds for time
10 Power Cleans 60/40
15 Wall Balls 10/6